Levitate Legal is seeking contract Associate Counsel to assist local government and nonprofit clients with legals needs covering a range of issues. Associate Counsel will assist Levitate leader with tracking public policy issues, researching local, state and federal regulations impacting our clients, and participate in the development and implementation of goals and priorities for assigned clients.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest changes in state and federal laws.
- Research, analyze and apply legal principles, and precedents to legal issues effecting local government and nonprofit clients.
- Assist nonprofit organizations with legal formation issues, including the drafting of bylaws and other legal documents and obtaining tax-exempt status from the IRS.
- Provide training on pertinent legal issues that directly impact compliance and/or operational effectiveness of local governments and nonprofit organizations.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendation in support of goals.
- Prepare written manuals and policies to advance client’s compliance and regulatory objectives.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse legal issues and possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner gather and analyze information skillfully in order to develop alternative solutions.
- Must be detailed oriented, accurate and concise in both internal and external communication.
- Creativity is preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice law in at least one state.