Levitate Legal is seeking contract Grant Writers to identify grant opportunities, develop funding proposals, and effectively communicate our client’s needs and capabilities. Grant Writers will work closely with Levitate leadership to conduct prospective funding arrangement research, develop and submit grant requests, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
- Identify funding opportunities and new program areas to match organizational priorities.
- Research and identify new government, corporate, foundation, and private funding prospects based on client’s funding needs.
- Prepare well-researched, well-written, and well-documented grant proposals and applications in a timely and organized manner.
- Develop and execute fund development activities on behalf of clients, including cultivation of new funding opportunities.
- Write reports to government, corporate, foundations, and other funders.
- Engage with the Levitate leadership to provide client’s with regular status updates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data and possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner gather and analyze information skillfully in order to develop alternative solutions.
- Grant writing/managing experience preferred.